- There are over 35,000 Automated Banking Machines
located across Canada.
- Shared Cash Dispensing transactions reached a record
high of 375.3 million transactions in 2001.
- The most popular day for ATM usage is Friday.
- Independent studies show that cash retention among
large retailers is 30-33%, retention among smaller retailers is 35-40%.
- Nightclubs and Pubs are seeing 70-80% of the dispensed
cash staying at the club. Retail location ATMs that dispense $20.00
bills increase store sales by over 8%.
- Of 22 million Adult Canadians, 85%, (18 million)
hold a banking card.
- 60% of Canadians ages 25-34 and 51% aged 25-49,
use ATM machines eight times a month, with drawing an average of $55.00
- The most frequent ATM users normally have a household
income exceeding $40,000 a year and are married with children. Most
have attended college, 25% are professionals 41% are men and 59% are
- Among people that use both credit and debit cards,
debit cards are used most often.
here for answers to a few F.A.Q.'s...